- Classical music has a unique power to transcend cultural and social boundaries.
- By educating people to appreciate classical music and the arts, a common ground is achieved.
- By creating a common ground, music enables people in conflict to come together around a shared positive experience.
- Shared cultural experiences stimulate inter-cultural dialogue that leads to a better understanding and respect for the “other”.
- Music has the power to help communities in conflict to work together to build a just and dynamic civil society